Nation of Blue

Basketball

Roy Williams Says North Carolina ‘Should probably fire me’ After Loss to Clemson

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Frustration is mounting in Chapel Hill following North Carolina’s 79-76 home loss to Clemson Saturday.

The Tar Heels are sitting at 8-8 and will virtually have to win the ACC Tournament to earn a spot in the NCAA Tournament field.

Head coach Roy Williams said the AD should probably fire him after last night’s loss:




“Gotta tell [athletic director] Bubba [Cunningham] he should probably fire me, it probably wouldn’t be a bad idea,” Williams told reporters in Chapel Hill, N.C. “The coach is supposed to help his kids. I didn’t help them very much.”


The 69-year-old head coach had plenty of reasons to be upset following Saturday’s loss. North Carolina has lost seven of its last nine games, and Saturday snapped Clemson’s 59-game losing streak in Chapel Hill. The Tigers had never previously won at North Carolina.

Read More

To Top