- Incoming Kentucky Freshman Are Ready to Get StartedPosted 14 hours ago
- Poll: Which Kentucky Program Are You More Excited About?Posted 14 hours ago
- Video: 9th Grader Jayson Tatum Shines In Spring Circuit!Posted 14 hours ago
- A New 2013 Kentucky Recruiting Class VideoPosted 17 hours ago
- Video: NBA Draft prospect Nerlens Noel on the ESPN Car WashPosted 18 hours ago
- Kentucky Football RecruitingPosted 22 hours ago
- Video: Nerlens Noel Excited By Possibility Of Playing With Irving, CavaliersPosted 22 hours ago
- Nerlens Noel to Cavaliers; Goodwin to Suns in Mock DraftPosted 23 hours ago
- The Cleveland Cavaliers Win the NBA Draft LotteryPosted 1 day ago
- Nerlens Noel Ready for NBA Draft LotteryPosted 1 day ago
Women’s Golf in 10th after Round Two of Puerto Rico Classic
Rio Grande, Puerto Rico – With the conclusion of round two at the Lady Puerto Rico Classic, the University of Kentucky women’s golf team sits in 10th place with a 36-hole score of 35-over-par, after carding a 22-over-par, 310 on Tuesday at the Rio Mar Beach Resort River Course in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico.
Junior Liz Breed charted the best score of the afternoon for Kentucky with a 2-over-par, 74. The Waynesboro, Pa., native recorded 14 pars and had a birdie on the par 3 hole No. 3. Breed is at 7-over for the invitational, jumping 25 spots on the leaderboard and is now tied for 22nd.
Senior Ashleigh Albrecht, who led the Wildcats on Sunday with a score of 2-over, carded a 5-over-par, 77 on Monday and is tied with Breed for 22nd place at 7-over-par through 36 holes. Albrecht posted a team-high four birdies on the day with two on each the front and back nines.
Freshman Sarah Harris sank one birdie on Monday, finishing the round at 7-over. The Hermitage, Tenn., native is tied for 37th overall at 10-over-par. Freshman Cylia Damerau and senior Megan Moir both shot 8-over for the day and are tied for 50th and 60th, respectively. Senior Betsie Johnson, who is playing as an individual, is tied for 66th at 15-over.
The final round of the tournament is scheduled for Tuesday with a shotgun start beginning at 6:30 a.m. ET. Breed will tee off on hole No. 9, with Albrecht beginning on hole 10 and Harris starting on 11. Damerau and Moir are set to open up their final round on No. 12, while Johnson will tee off from hole 16.
For live scoring of the event please visit www.golfstat.com. For more information on the University of Kentucky women’s golf team please visit UKathletics.com.
2013 Lady Puerto Rico Classic
Feb. 10-12, Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
Rio Mar Beach Resort – River Course
Par 72 – 6,191 yards
T22. Ashleigh Albrecht – 74 – 77 (+7)
T22. Liz Breed – 77 – 74 (+7)
T37. Sarah Harris – 75 – 79 (+10)
T50. Cylia Damerau – 75 – 80 (+11)
T60. Megan Moir – 77 – 80 (+13)
*T66 Betsie Johnson – 77 – 82 (+15)
10. Kentucky – 301 – 310 (+35)