- Kentucky has Half of Slam All American TeamPosted 14 hours ago
- Marcus Lee Leads Deer Valley to First Volleyball State TitlePosted 15 hours ago
- Players that Improved Their Stock at Kentucky State AAUPosted 17 hours ago
- Kentucky State AAU RecapPosted 20 hours ago
- John Calipari is Ready for One and Done Rule to ChangePosted 22 hours ago
- ESPN Goes All-Access with Nerlens NoelPosted 23 hours ago
- Archie Goodwin Draft Combine InterviewPosted 23 hours ago
- Coaches Calipari and Stoops Hanging OutPosted 2 days ago
- Dominique Hawkins Day Proclaimed!Posted 3 days ago
- Twany Beckham Wrote A Book, Cal ProofreadsPosted 3 days ago
Will Kentucky’s Atmosphere be Comfortable for Andrew Wiggins?
There have been many stories about Andrew Wiggins personality and if he will be able to adapt to the environment and atmosphere at the University of Kentucky.
The players are the center of attention wherever they go. Anthony Davis said just a year ago that he wished he had security walking around on campus.
Can the #1 recruit in the country handle all the attention at Kentucky?
Huntington Prep’s head coach Rob Fulford makes me question if he can or not.
“It’s overwhelming. He doesn’t like the attention. He doesn’t like it. His shots aren’t falling,” Fulford admitted. “His shot was much more consistent last year and his free-throw percentage is low… He’s a good kid. He really is. He’ll talk to you about anything, but once recruiting is brought up, he shuts down.”
Also, don’t expect an announcement on ESPNU when Andrew Wiggins announces his decision.
Fulford also suggested, due to Wiggins’ coy personality, the potential future NBA lottery pick will make a decision in a couple of months very quietly.
“I think he’s going to send a text message and that’s going to be it,” he said. “And he might not even do that himself. Who knows?”
Could being a Kentucky rock star be what sways the #1 recruit in the country to a football school when that is what usually attracts the top basketball players in the country to the Bluegrass State?
If Andrew Wiggins doesn’t like the attention, then it makes me wonder if he could ever play at Kentucky.