- Coaches Calipari and Stoops Hanging OutPosted 1 day ago
- Dominique Hawkins Day Proclaimed!Posted 2 days ago
- Twany Beckham Wrote A Book, Cal ProofreadsPosted 2 days ago
- Video: Twany Beckham on KSTV, Talks Career, Next SeasonPosted 2 days ago
- Video: Coach Cal Encourages Players to Get EducationPosted 2 days ago
- Darius Miller Coming Home to Hold Basketball CampsPosted 3 days ago
- Video: Coach Calipari, UK to play FUS BaronsPosted 3 days ago
- Aaron Harrison, Mr. Basketball State of TexasPosted 3 days ago
- Video: Nerlens Noel At NBA Draft CombinePosted 3 days ago
- Video: Archie Goodwin Draft CombinePosted 3 days ago
Where to Watch Kentucky vs. Eastern Michigan
The Kentucky Wildcats (8-4) host the Eastern Michigan Eagles (7-5) today at 6pm in Rupp Arena on ESPNU.
The announcers for today’s game are Tom Hart and Joe Dean Jr.
Kentucky is favored by 27 points.
Here is the background on today’s game:
This will be the first meeting between Kentucky and Eastern Michigan.
Eastern Michigan owns a 7-5 overall mark headed into the game with UK. The Eagles have yet to win on the road this season, but earned a home victory over Purdue on Dec. 8. The Eagles are paced by a trio of players averaging double-figure scoring efforts led by 12.3 from Derek Thompson.
Sophomore Ryan Harrow had a break-out game with a career-high 23 points in a win over Marshall and followed that with 17 at No. 3 Louisville. He’s also been taking very good care of the ball with a 21-to-3 assist-to-turnover ratio over the last six games. He committed zero turnovers against the Cardinals with three assists in 39 minutes of action.
The Blue and White have tallied a 45-6 alltime mark against team comprising the MidAmerican Conference. UK is 22-4 against Miami (Ohio) as its most common foe in the league.
John Calipari is 3-0 all-time against the MAC with two wins coming against Miami (Ohio) and the other against Buffalo.
As of the last NCAA statistical update (Dec. 16), the Eagles boasted the 27th-best scoring defense in the country at 57.6 points per game this season. EMU is also tied for 20th in the NCAA in blocked shots per game (5.6). Defensively, the Eagles hold their opponents to a 37.9 percent field goal percentage which is tied for 33rd in the country.
With the addition of Eastern Michigan Kentucky has now played 210 of the current 338 D1 programs.
P # Name Pts. Rebs. Assts
F 3 Nerlens Noel 10.5 9.0 3.6^
• Has multiple steals and blocks in 7 games
G 10 Archie Goodwin 16.5 5.4 4.0
• Scored in double-igures in all but one game
G 12 Ryan Harrow 8.3 2.3 2.9
• Passed out 21 assists in last six games
F 15 Willie Cauley-Stein 7.5 5.5 2.1^
• Made irst-career start vs. Louisville
G 34 Julius Mays 8.8 2.9 3.5
• Has a 3.2 assist to turnover ratio
Eastern Michigan Eagles
P # Name Pts. Rebs. Assts
C 1 Da’Shonte Riley 3.9 6.3 2.7^
• Leads the team in blocks and steals
G 2 JR Sims 3.1 1.0 0.8~
• Made irst start of the season vs. Siena Heights
G 21 Jalen Ross 4.6 1.8 3.0
• Leads the team with nearly 40 assists on the year
F 32 Jamell Harris 4.1 4.1 1.3^
• Posted 7 points and 7 boards vs. Siena Heights
G/F35 Daylen Harrison 10.8 6.2 1.5
• One of three players averaging dbl-ig points
*-Based on previous game’s starters; ^-blocks; ~-steals