- Eloy Vargas Rebounding His Way Back From Injury in the DominicanPosted 52 mins ago
- Video: Patrick Patterson Interview with KSTVPosted 3 hours ago
- NBA Draft Lottery Could Give Nerlens Noel #1 PickPosted 4 hours ago
- Kentucky has Half of Slam All American TeamPosted 19 hours ago
- Marcus Lee Leads Deer Valley to First Volleyball State TitlePosted 21 hours ago
- Players that Improved Their Stock at Kentucky State AAUPosted 22 hours ago
- Kentucky State AAU RecapPosted 1 day ago
- John Calipari is Ready for One and Done Rule to ChangePosted 1 day ago
- ESPN Goes All-Access with Nerlens NoelPosted 1 day ago
- Archie Goodwin Draft Combine InterviewPosted 1 day ago
Where to Watch Kentucky vs. Baylor
The #8th ranked Kentucky Wildcats (4-2) host the Baylor Bears (4-2) in Rupp Arena on CBS at 12:30pm
The announcers for today’s game are Jim Nantz and Clark Kellogg.
Kentucky is favored by 7.5 points.
Here is the background information on today’s game.
Baylor enters the matchup with the Cats owning a 4-2 overall record. The Bears are coming off a 63-59 loss at home to College of Charleston. The Bears are led offensively by Pierre Jackson, who is scoring at a clip of 20.3 ppg. Cory
Jefferson ranks second on the team in scoring (14.0), but is the team leader in rebounding (9.0) and blocks (13). Jefferson is also shooting a team-best 70.6 pct. from the field.
Baylor is 0-7 in the all-time series against Kentucky, including a loss in the 2012 Elite Eight at Atlanta’s Georgia Dome.
The Blue and White have tallied a 59-9 alltime mark against teams comprising the Big 12 Conference. UK has faced Kansas (UK leads series 21-6) the most often in the history of the program.
Baylor is 4-0 this season and 86-8 in the Scott Drew era when shooting 50% or better from the field.
Over the last three home games, Kentucky has burned up the nets shooting at a blistering 62.0 percent clip. The Cats shooting prowess was highlighted against LIU Brooklyn, hitting 67.7 from the field. It was the highest field goal percentage for UK in the Calipari era and the highest since UK posted a 68.7 mark in 2008-09 against Kansas State.
Baylor’s Brady Heslip is a game-time decision to return to the starting lineup after missing the College of Charleston game. He had his appendix removed on Nov. 20, forcing him to miss his first career game. Heslip has started 42 of 43 career games played.
UK has won 138 of its last 161 home games. Kentucky is on a 54-game winning streak in Rupp Arena.
P # Name Pts. Rebs. Assts
F 3 Nerlens Noel 12.0 8.3 3.2^
• Leads team in rebounds, steals and blocks
G 10 Archie Goodwin 16.3 5.5 4.5
• Has 4+ assists in four of last ive games
F 22 Alex Poythress 15.8 6.5 0.3
• Averaging 17.4 ppg in last ive games
F 33 Kyle Wiltjer 11.5 4.3 2.2
• Team leader with 14 made 3-pointers
G 34Julius Mays 10.2 1.8 4.2
• Hit seven 3-pointers in last two games
P # Name Pts. Rebs. Assts
G 04 Gary Franklin 2.3 1.5 1.0
• Posted irst start of season against Coll. of Charleston
C 21 Isaiah Austin 14.2 8.2 1.0
• Shooting .536 from the ield
G 22 A.J. Walton 5.3 4.0 4.2
• 7 pts, 6 rebs, 3 assts, 3 stls vs. College of Charleston
F 34 Cory Jeﬀerson 14.3 9.0 2.2
• Team leader in blocks
G 55 Pierre Jackson 20.3 3.2 6.7
• Team’s leader in scoring and assists
*-Based on previous game’s starters; ^-blocks; ~-steals