- Dominique Hawkins Day Proclaimed!Posted 7 hours ago
- Twany Beckham Wrote A Book, Cal ProofreadsPosted 18 hours ago
- Video: Twany Beckham on KSTV, Talks Career, Next SeasonPosted 19 hours ago
- Video: Coach Cal Encourages Players to Get EducationPosted 20 hours ago
- Darius Miller Coming Home to Hold Basketball CampsPosted 1 day ago
- Video: Coach Calipari, UK to play FUS BaronsPosted 1 day ago
- Aaron Harrison, Mr. Basketball State of TexasPosted 1 day ago
- Video: Nerlens Noel At NBA Draft CombinePosted 1 day ago
- Video: Archie Goodwin Draft CombinePosted 2 days ago
- Video: Nerlens Noel Draft Combine InterviewPosted 2 days ago
Where to Watch Kentucky Basketball vs. Morehead State
The #8 ranked Kentucky Wildcats host in-state opponent Morehead State at Rupp Arena on Fox Sports South at 7pm.
The announcers for tonight’s game are Dave Baker and Kyle Macy. Tom Werme is the sideline reporter.
Kentucky is favored by 23 points.
Here is the background of tonight’s game:
Kentucky owns an all-time 9-0 record against its instate foe with the last meeting coming on Nov. 13, 2009 resulting in a 75-59 win for UK.
The Wildcats will hit the ﬂoor following one of the most dynamic offensive performances in the John Calipari era in a 101-49 victory over Lafayette on Friday. UK topped the century mark for the ﬁrst time since the season opener in 2011-12 while hitting .645 percent of its shots from the ﬂoor.
Morehead State forced an opponent season-high 29 turnovers in Sunday’s win over Lafayette (Pa.), including 17 in the first half. The Eagles turned the Leopard miscues into 36 points and recorded a season-best 19 steals.
Over the years, the Wildcats have rolled up a 49-10 record against former Cats who return to Lexington as the opposing head coach.
Senior Milton Chavis has been Morehead State’s leading scorer in all four games to date. He knocked down 7-of-11 from the field en route to 18 points vs. Lafayette.
Kentucky is a perfect 34-0 against teams comprising the Ohio Valley Conference.
Morehead State Head Coach Sean Woods played in 91 games at Kentucky from 1989-92. He still ranks first in school history with 5.30 career assists and 1.58 career steals per game.
P # Name Pts. Rebs. Assts
F 3 Nerlens Noel 11.7 8.0 3.3~
• Leads team in rebounds and steals
G 10 Archie Goodwin 15.0 3.7 3.0
• Reached double-igure scoring in all three games
F 22 Alex Poythress 16.7 6.7 0.3~
• Consecutive 20+ point eﬀorts
F 33 Kyle Wiltjer 15.7 4.3 2.7
• Career-high seven 3-pointers vs. Lafayette
G 34 Julius Mays 6.3 2.0 4.7
• Career-high 10 assists vs. Lafayette
Morehead State Eagles
P # Name Pts. Rebs. Assts
F 00 Drew Kelly 5.0 4.8 1.25
• Had 12 points and seven rebounds vs. Lafayette
G 2 Devon Atkinson 7.8 2.0 5.0
• Averaging 5.0 assists per game
G 22 Angelo Warner 7.5 4.0 4.0
• Logged 10 pts and 10 assists vs. Lafayette
F 24 Milton Chavis 17.3 4.0 3.25~
• Posted a team-high 18 points vs. Lafayette
C 42 Jason Holmes 4.8 3.3 1.0^
• Leads team with four blocks
*-Based on previous game’s starters; ^-blocks; ~-steals