- Jodie Meeks Pursues Degree, Keeping His PromisePosted 1 hour ago
- Coach Cal Defends Derrick RosePosted 3 hours ago
- John Wall Accepts Invite for Team USA Mini-campPosted 3 hours ago
- Video: Coach John Calipari on Dakari JohnsonPosted 12 hours ago
- Video: Lessons from Mark Stoops’ First Spring as UK Head CoachPosted 12 hours ago
- UK Football Target Vincent Jackson Gets Offer, Looking for BBN Love?Posted 14 hours ago
- Video: First Take Backstage – Coach John CalipariPosted 17 hours ago
- Video: Coach Cal at Nets Draft Combine, Talks About Julius MaysPosted 18 hours ago
- Video: Q & A with Marquis TeaguePosted 18 hours ago
- Video: Cauley-Stein, One of the Better Players Coach Cal Has CoachedPosted 1 day ago
Where to Watch Kentucky at Alabama
The announcers for tonight’s game are Brad Nessler and Jimmy Dykes. The sideline reporter is Shannon Spake.
Kentucky is favored by 4 points.
Here is the background on tonight’s SEC matchup.
Alabama is paced by a trio of scorers in double-figures with Trevor Releford leading the way with 16.2 points per game.
Today’s game will mark the 139th meeting on the hardwood between the two schools, which ranks as the sixth-most common opponent in program history. The Wildcats own a 102-36 lead in the all-time series, including wins in seven of the last eight match-ups between the two teams.
Alabama’s opponents are winning the battle on the boards by a 32.4 to 32.1 margin. The Tide are coming off a one point win over Texas A&M on Saturday and have also rung up league wins over Mississippi State and Tennessee.
Tuesday’s game features the top two programs in SEC history. The Wildcats lead the league in all-time wins (904) and winning percentage (.782), while the Crimson Tide ranks second in both categories (733 wins, .570 winning percentage).
Sophomore guard Trevor Lacey leads the SEC in three-point field goal percentage at 45.5 percent (35-of-77) for the year. In addition, he has knocked down a league-best 55.6 percent (10-of-18) of his three-point shots in SEC play.
Comparing the Teams
Stat UK UA
Points 77.1 65.5
Opp. points 61.7 59.1
Rebounds 38.9 32.1
Opp rebounds 34.1 32.4
Off. Rebounds 11.6 10.3
FG % .489 .452
Opp FG% .383 .407
3-Pt. % .357 .363
Opp. 3-Pt. % .307 .313
FT % .645 .698
Opp. FT % .676 .701
Fouls 15.8 17.2
Assists 15.7 11.8
Turnovers 12.9 13.1
Opp. Turnovers 14.2 15.2
Blocks 7.6 4.6
Steals 7.4 8.6
P # Name Pts. Rebs. Assts
F 3 Nerlens Noel 10.8 9.2 4.1^
• SEC Freshman of the Week (1/21)
G 10 Archie Goodwin 15.0 4.9 3.4
• Scored in double-figures in all but three games
G 12 Ryan Harrow 10.4 2.7 3.8
• Has dbl-flgure scoring in eight-straight games
F 22 Alex Poythress 13.1 6.4 0.5^
• Has six or more rebounds in 10 of last 11
G 34 Julius Mays 8.4 2.6 3.2
• Has multi 3-pointers in three-straight games
Alabama Crimson Tide
P # Name Pts. Rebs. Assts
G 5 Trevor Lacey 12.5 3.9 3.6
• Had 14 points and five assists vs. A&M
C 14 Moussa Gueye 1.0 4.3 1.2^
• Started eight games this season including two in SEC
G 20 Levi Randolph 8.3 4.0 1.0~
• Ranks second on team with 66 rebounds
G 21 Rodney Cooper 11.6 4.1 1.1
• One of three players avg. double-figure scoring
G 22 Andrew Steele 4.3 2.3 1.0
• Both starts of season in SEC play
*-Based on previous game’s starters; ^-blocks; ~-steals