- Coaches Calipari and Stoops Hanging OutPosted 20 hours ago
- Dominique Hawkins Day Proclaimed!Posted 1 day ago
- Twany Beckham Wrote A Book, Cal ProofreadsPosted 2 days ago
- Video: Twany Beckham on KSTV, Talks Career, Next SeasonPosted 2 days ago
- Video: Coach Cal Encourages Players to Get EducationPosted 2 days ago
- Darius Miller Coming Home to Hold Basketball CampsPosted 2 days ago
- Video: Coach Calipari, UK to play FUS BaronsPosted 2 days ago
- Aaron Harrison, Mr. Basketball State of TexasPosted 2 days ago
- Video: Nerlens Noel At NBA Draft CombinePosted 2 days ago
- Video: Archie Goodwin Draft CombinePosted 3 days ago
When will John Calipari’s Tenure at Kentucky End?
Andy Katz of ESPN.com recently interviewed John Calipari and asked him many questions about his job at Kentucky, how bad he wanted it, what he has learned since coaching the Wildcats, why he uses social media, and how his family has endured over the years of him not being home.
The most interesting part of the interview were the last two questions, which were how long he plans on staying at Kentucky and what is the biggest misconception of him.
KATZ: How long can you keep up this pace coaching at Kentucky?
CALIPARI: Probably another six years, maybe seven. This is a 10-year run, then I’ll pass it on to somebody else to keep this program going, because it’s so important to this state. I’m not the kind of guy who could retire on the job, who’d just stay to get paid. I’m not doing it for numbers or to pass everyone’s win record.
KATZ: What’s the biggest misconception about you?
CALIPARI: I don’t know, nor do I care.
The last answer is the best quote I have ever read that Calipari has said.
I am sure the next sentence is “I am just trying to coach my team.”