- Nerlens Noel Ready for NBA Draft LotteryPosted 2 hours ago
- Dan Issel and Louie Dampier Talk UK BasketballPosted 3 hours ago
- Julius Mays Participating in 30 Team Draft Workout TomorrowPosted 4 hours ago
- Pelican Anthony Davis Ready for the NBA Draft LotteryPosted 6 hours ago
- SI.com says Archie Goodwin a “Loser” at NBA Draft CombinePosted 8 hours ago
- Three Kentucky Football 2014 Recruits in Rivals Top 250Posted 9 hours ago
- Eloy Vargas Rebounding His Way Back From Injury in the DominicanPosted 10 hours ago
- Video: Patrick Patterson Interview with KSTVPosted 13 hours ago
- NBA Draft Lottery Could Give Nerlens Noel #1 PickPosted 13 hours ago
- Kentucky has Half of Slam All American TeamPosted 1 day ago
Video: Kentucky Football Signees Nate Willis, Nick Haynes & Alvonte Bell
Rated as the No. 3 junior college cornerback in the nation by 247Sports.com … Helped Arizona Western College to an 8-2 record last fall and a victory in the El Toro Bowl — the team’s first bowl game win in more than 40 years … Team finished the 2011 regular season No. 1 in the nation and hosted the national championship game before suffering its first loss of the season to finish 11-1 … Solid sophomore season at AWCC, earning 19 tackles, one interception and five pass breakups … Had 31 tackles, one tackle-for-loss, one fumble forced and three interceptions his freshman season … Also returned kicks in junior college … His freshman season, he return four kickoffs for 133 yards and two punts for 135 yards and a touchdown … Had three kickoff returns last season for 65 yards … ESPN.com gives Willis praise for his man coverage, zone coverage, instincts and ball skills … Helped his team win the 2B state championship his freshman and sophomore seasons … Focused on basketball and did not play football his last two years at Pahokee (Fla.) HS … Did play one season at Glades Central HS.
A great athlete with a high upside after having played football only two years in high school … Ranked as the nation’s No. 40 guard by Rivals.com … Extremely versatile player who has experience as a tight end, fullback and defensive lineman as a high school player … Played predominantly as a tackle in high school, but could transition to guard or center at UK … Excels as a run blocker as he compiled an impressive tally of pancake blocks in high school … Relies on great footwork as he also lettered in basketball as a prepster … Attended Niceville (Fla.) High School, helping team to a winning record both seasons he played … Coach by John Hicks.
Explosive defensive end at Everglades High School in Miramar, Fla., where he was coached by Rodney Rumph … The nation’s No. 24 weakside defensive end by Rivals.com … The No. 34 overall defensive end according to Scout.com … “Bell is a raw athlete with speed, length, and quickness that attracts attention his way. He has long arms to get into passing lanes, he can move well in space, and he really pursues the ball well,” according to Scout analyst Chad Simmons … Was timed at 4.88 in the 40 with a 27-inch vertical … Made 40 tackles as a junior, with his 18 total tackles for loss including 11 quarterback sacks … Helped led the team to the Florida Class 6A regional quarterfinals his freshman and sophomore seasons … Missed much of his senior season because of injury … Began high school career as a basketball star before making the move to football … Name is pronounced “al-VON-tay.”