- Dan Issel and Louie Dampier Talk UK BasketballPosted 19 mins ago
- Julius Mays Participating in 30 Team Draft Workout TomorrowPosted 2 hours ago
- Pelican Anthony Davis Ready for the NBA Draft LotteryPosted 3 hours ago
- SI.com says Archie Goodwin a “Loser” at NBA Draft CombinePosted 6 hours ago
- Three Kentucky Football 2014 Recruits in Rivals Top 250Posted 7 hours ago
- Eloy Vargas Rebounding His Way Back From Injury in the DominicanPosted 8 hours ago
- Video: Patrick Patterson Interview with KSTVPosted 10 hours ago
- NBA Draft Lottery Could Give Nerlens Noel #1 PickPosted 11 hours ago
- Kentucky has Half of Slam All American TeamPosted 1 day ago
- Marcus Lee Leads Deer Valley to First Volleyball State TitlePosted 1 day ago
Tim Masthay Named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week
Tim Masthay has been named the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
Masthay threw a shovel pass on a fake field goal to Tom Crabtree for a 27-yard touchdown that helped the Packers beat the Chicago Bears 23-10 last Thursday night. It was the first touchdown pass by a Packers punter since Ron Widby threw a 68-yard scoring pass to Dave Davis in 1972.
Masthay also kept dangerous Bears return man Devin Hester in check with his punting. He had punting averages of 47.6 (gross) and 42.0 (net). Three of his punts went inside the 20. Hester managed just two punt returns for 8 yards.
Masthay is arguably the best punter in the entire NFL and has shown he is a potent weapon for the Packers on a weekly basis.
Masthay has punted 11 times for a 47.9 average for a total of 527 yards.
Tim Masthay also has a passer rating of 158.3 after his touchdown pass vs. the Bears last Thursday night.
Kentucky really is Punter U.