- Video: Coach John Calipari on Dakari JohnsonPosted 6 hours ago
- Video: Lessons from Mark Stoops’ First Spring as UK Head CoachPosted 6 hours ago
- UK Football Target Vincent Jackson Gets Offer, Looking for BBN Love?Posted 8 hours ago
- Video: First Take Backstage – Coach John CalipariPosted 10 hours ago
- Video: Coach Cal at Nets Draft Combine, Talks About Julius MaysPosted 12 hours ago
- Video: Q & A with Marquis TeaguePosted 12 hours ago
- Video: Cauley-Stein, One of the Better Players Coach Cal Has CoachedPosted 20 hours ago
- Coach Cal on Julius Mays’ Workout for NBAPosted 20 hours ago
- Kentucky Football Moves Up In Recruiting RankingsPosted 24 hours ago
- Anthony Davis Invited to Team USA Mini CampPosted 1 day ago
Telethon is Tonight for Hurricane Sandy Victims
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Additional information regarding the telethon for victims of Hurricane Sandy has been released, including an additional hour, which will now run from 7:00-9:00 p.m. ET Wednesday night.
Phone banks will be open from 6:00-9:00 p.m. In the Lexington area, the telethon can be seen live on WKYT from 7:00-8:00 p.m. Coverage will then switch over to CWKYT from 8:00-9:00 p.m. Members of the UK men’s basketball team will take phone calls and donations from 7:00-9:00 p.m. People wanting to make a donation in the Lexington area can call 859.299.5455 and those outside the Lexington area can call toll free 855.257.2700.
During non-telethon hours, people can call the Red Cross at 859.253.1331 or 800.RED.CROSS.
Additionally, monetary donations can also be taken to any Central Bank location in Lexington.
The special event will also stream live at WKYT.com where donations can also be made for 24 hours beginning at 7:00 p.m. and people can bid on various items that will be auctioned off.
One hundred percent of the proceeds will go to the American Red Cross to benefit the victims of the catastrophic storm.
For more information from the Red Cross, contact Winn Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org