SEC teams are currently 6-3 overall on foreign exhibition tours this Summer.
Alabama went 2-1 in Canada with a loss to defending Canadian national champion Carleton.
Carleton then went on to defeat Vanderbilt this week in the U.S. Virgin Islands. The Commodores also lost to the USVI national team. They still have games against Brock University and a chance for revenge vs. Carleton later this week.
Auburn went 4-0 in Italy against some questionable competition.
What does it all mean? For the most part nothing, except that Carleton might be able to compete for an SEC Championship.
Alabama (2-1 in Canada):
– Defeated McGill University 96-57
– Lost to Carleton University 84-71
– Defeated University of Ottawa 81-71
Auburn (4-0 in Italy):
– Defeated Stella Azzurra 87-29
– Defeated BC Silute 103-87
– Defeated Veneto Select 119-54
– Defeated Italy All-Stars 104-58
Vanderbilt (0-2 in USVI):
– Lost to USVI National Team 81-78
– Lost to Carleton University 61-56
– Wednesday vs. Brock University
– Thursday vs. Carleton University