Jason King of ESPN.com has conducted a poll of a couple of writers and have ranked the best home-court advantage in college basketball.
Ranking the best home-court advantages in the country (voters: myself, Andy Katz, Dana O’Neil, Fran Fraschilla), ordered by total points with number of first-place votes in parentheses:
1. Allen Fieldhouse, Kansas (3): 39
2. Cameron Indoor Stadium, Duke (1): 37
3. Assembly Hall, Indiana: 24
4. Carrier Dome, Syracuse: 23
5. The Kennel, Gonzaga: 18
6. Viejas Arena, San Diego State: 17
7. Rupp Arena, Kentucky: 16
8. The Pit, New Mexico: 14
9. Breslin Center, Michigan State: 8
10. Koch Arena, Wichita State: 6
Also receiving votes: Peterson Events Center, Pittsburgh, 5; Kohl Center, Wisconsin, 4; Bramlage Coliseum, Kansas State, 3; McKale Center, Arizona, 2; Bud Walton Arena, Arkansas, 2; Gallagher-Iba Arena, Oklahoma State, 1; CFSB Center, Murray State, 1.
I went to Assembly Hall last year for the Kentucky game and it would be hard to imagine a better home court advantage.
Also, Cameron Indoor and those fans need to update their cheers and chants, because they might be the only thing worse than Chris Berman.