- Kentucky has Half of Slam All American TeamPosted 12 hours ago
- Marcus Lee Leads Deer Valley to First Volleyball State TitlePosted 13 hours ago
- Players that Improved Their Stock at Kentucky State AAUPosted 14 hours ago
- Kentucky State AAU RecapPosted 17 hours ago
- John Calipari is Ready for One and Done Rule to ChangePosted 20 hours ago
- ESPN Goes All-Access with Nerlens NoelPosted 20 hours ago
- Archie Goodwin Draft Combine InterviewPosted 20 hours ago
- Coaches Calipari and Stoops Hanging OutPosted 2 days ago
- Dominique Hawkins Day Proclaimed!Posted 3 days ago
- Twany Beckham Wrote A Book, Cal ProofreadsPosted 3 days ago
Ray Kasongo Transfers to Pikeville High School
One of the top forwards in Kentucky High School basketball has transferred to a new school today.
Ray Kasongo was at East Ridge High School last season, where his team lost in the 15th region championship game, with Indiana head coach Tom Crean in attendance.
Kasongo, who is originally from Canada, officially enrolled at Pikeville High School today.
Rivals.com has the 6’9″ forward as a 3 star recruit with offers from DePaul, UCLA, Arizona, NC State, and USC. They also list Kentucky, Cincinnati, Indiana, Syracuse, Texas, Washington, and West Virginia as showing interest.
Now the question is will he be ruled eligible by the KHSAA, which I am sure the process will be started as quickly as possible with practice already starting on October 15th.
There also seems to be some uncertainty about which class Kasongo is in, as Scout.com lists him as a 2013, but 24/7 Sports and Rivals.com lists him as a 2014.
We will keep you updated as this story unfolds.