- Video: Derrick Ansley ProfilePosted 1 hour ago
- Cavs Beat Writer Comes to Defense of Nerlens NoelPosted 1 hour ago
- Video: UK Commit Mike Edwards, Best Class in the NationPosted 2 hours ago
- Perry Central’s Justin Johnson and Braxton Beverly Ready for the Peach JamPosted 3 hours ago
- Kentucky Football Really is #1 in Rivals.com Team Recruiting Rankings NowPosted 17 hours ago
- Derrick Kelly Commits to Play Football at KentuckyPosted 18 hours ago
- John Calipari to be Inducted into New England Basketball Hall of FamePosted 19 hours ago
- Kentucky Football Adds Twins to 2014 Class by Way of TransferPosted 22 hours ago
- Nerlens Noel Still Favorite to Be #1 Pick According to SI.comPosted 1 day ago
- Henry Clay’s Christen Cunningham and Jordan Green Adjusting to New RolesPosted 1 day ago
Nerlens Noel Out for the Season
LEXINGTON, Ky. – – University of Kentucky men’s basketball freshman Nerlens Noel will be out for the remainder of the season with a torn ACL injury suffered during Tuesday night’s game at Florida.
According to the UK medical staff, surgery should be expected in the next two to three weeks. The normal timetable for recovery is estimated at six to eight months.
The 6-10 freshman was leading the nation in blocks (106) and blocks per game (4.4) and ranked second in the Southeastern Conference in rebounding (9.5). He was also averaging 10.5 points per game for the Wildcats.