- Marcus Lee Leads Deer Valley to First Volleyball State TitlePosted 39 mins ago
- Players that Improved Their Stock at Kentucky State AAUPosted 2 hours ago
- Kentucky State AAU RecapPosted 5 hours ago
- John Calipari is Ready for One and Done Rule to ChangePosted 7 hours ago
- ESPN Goes All-Access with Nerlens NoelPosted 8 hours ago
- Archie Goodwin Draft Combine InterviewPosted 8 hours ago
- Coaches Calipari and Stoops Hanging OutPosted 2 days ago
- Dominique Hawkins Day Proclaimed!Posted 2 days ago
- Twany Beckham Wrote A Book, Cal ProofreadsPosted 3 days ago
- Video: Twany Beckham on KSTV, Talks Career, Next SeasonPosted 3 days ago
Naismith Player of the Year Finalists: Andrew Wiggins and Aaron Gordon
No commits from these two Kentucky targets yet. A press release posted on numerous sites say that along with Duke commit Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins and Aaron Gordon are finalists for the Boy’s Naismith High School Player of the Year. These 3 bested other players which included Kentucky commits Andrew and Aaron Harrison. One player will ultimately be selected as winner, and he will be recognized at the Atlanta Tipoff Club’s Naismith Awards Banquet on March 19, 2013 in Atlanta.
“Then there were three. Aaron Gordon (Archbishop Mitty High School, San Jose, Calif.), Jabari Parker (Simeon Career Academy, Chicago, Ill.) and Andrew Wiggins (Huntington Prep, Huntington, W.Va.) constitute the remaining contenders for this year’s Naismith Boy’s High School Player of the Year, the Atlanta Tipoff Club announced today. Parker has committed to play at Duke University for the 2013-2014 season, while Gordon and Wiggins remain undecided on a college choice.
The candidates were selected by basketball journalists from around the country, who form the Naismith Trophy national high school voting academy. The selections were based on player performances during the 2012-2013 basketball season. The winner will be recognized at the Atlanta Tipoff Club’s Naismith Awards Banquet on Tuesday, March 19, 2013, in Atlanta.”