- Kentucky Football Really is #1 in Rivals.com Team Recruiting Rankings NowPosted 13 hours ago
- Derrick Kelly Commits to Play Football at KentuckyPosted 14 hours ago
- John Calipari to be Inducted into New England Basketball Hall of FamePosted 15 hours ago
- Kentucky Football Adds Twins to 2014 Class by Way of TransferPosted 18 hours ago
- Nerlens Noel Still Favorite to Be #1 Pick According to SI.comPosted 20 hours ago
- Henry Clay’s Christen Cunningham and Jordan Green Adjusting to New RolesPosted 23 hours ago
- Video: Neal Brown and 2013 ExpectationsPosted 24 hours ago
- Coaches Speak About SECPosted 1 day ago
- Matt Elam Makes a Huge Jump in Latest Recruiting RankingsPosted 1 day ago
- Fan Leaks Photo of the “Wildcat Code”Posted 1 day ago
Mike MacIntyre says He hasn’t been Offered Job by Kentucky
Rumors were swirling all over the Commonwealth yesterday and the biggest one concerned San Jose State head man Mike MacIntyre.
MacIntyre was the talk of the day as being offered the Kentucky job and the odds on favorite to be the next head coach by some.
Well, it doesn’t sound like, at least from Mike MacIntyre, that he has even been contacted.
“There’s no truth to that,” MacIntyre said. “Even my daughter’s calling me from Texas, saying ‘Hey what’s this?’ It’s just all Internet stuff.
“Those things are always going to fly. To me, that’s good for the program. I know people think that distracts, but there’s all kinds of stuff all over the Internet all the time. Honestly, I’m just trying to focus on the bowl game and recruiting and we’ll go from there.”
But MacIntyre said he has yet to be contacted by Kentucky, or any other schools with openings, including Cal.
“Nope, not as of right now,” MacIntyre said. “We’re just going along with what we’re doing. I’m honestly just focused on that bowl game.”
Guessing that the coaching search will end soon, MacIntyre and Florida defensive coordinator Mark Stoops have been the most talked about names in the last couple of days, but you never know when a name out of nowhere will pop up.