- Twany Beckham Wrote A Book, Cal ProofreadsPosted 6 hours ago
- Video: Twany Beckham on KSTV, Talks Career, Next SeasonPosted 7 hours ago
- Video: Coach Cal Encourages Players to Get EducationPosted 7 hours ago
- Darius Miller Coming Home to Hold Basketball CampsPosted 18 hours ago
- Video: Coach Calipari, UK to play FUS BaronsPosted 19 hours ago
- Aaron Harrison, Mr. Basketball State of TexasPosted 21 hours ago
- Video: Nerlens Noel At NBA Draft CombinePosted 21 hours ago
- Video: Archie Goodwin Draft CombinePosted 1 day ago
- Video: Nerlens Noel Draft Combine InterviewPosted 1 day ago
- Video: Nerlens Noel’s Torn ACL Rehab ProgressPosted 1 day ago
Mark Stoops Hire Given a B- by Athlon
Athlon Sports has broken down the Kentucky hire of Mark Stoops as head football coach and given it a grade of a B-.
Here is their final analysis:
Final Analysis and Grade
Make no mistake: Kentucky isn’t an easy job. However, it seems the Wildcats made the right hire in picking up Stoops. The 45-year-old Ohio native is inheriting a roster that has some promising pieces on offense but needs a lot of work on the defensive side. Stoops is a high energy guy, which should help spark some interest in the fanbase and on the recruiting trail for Kentucky. The biggest question for the Wildcats will be picking an offensive scheme that’s a little outside of the box and not a pro-style approach. Although that type of offense could work at Kentucky, Stoops needs pick a coordinator that can build a run or pass-first approach. Don’t expect Stoops to be a miracle worker, but he should turn the Wildcats into a consistent bowl team.
I will reserve thought on a potential grade when all the staff positions have filled, but getting Stoops alone is at least an A-.