- Video: NBA Draft prospect Nerlens Noel on the ESPN Car WashPosted 4 mins ago
- Kentucky Football RecruitingPosted 3 hours ago
- Video: Nerlens Noel Excited By Possibility Of Playing With Irving, CavaliersPosted 4 hours ago
- Nerlens Noel to Cavaliers; Goodwin to Suns in Mock DraftPosted 5 hours ago
- The Cleveland Cavaliers Win the NBA Draft LotteryPosted 15 hours ago
- Nerlens Noel Ready for NBA Draft LotteryPosted 17 hours ago
- Dan Issel and Louie Dampier Talk UK BasketballPosted 18 hours ago
- Julius Mays Participating in 30 Team Draft Workout TomorrowPosted 20 hours ago
- Pelican Anthony Davis Ready for the NBA Draft LotteryPosted 21 hours ago
- SI.com says Archie Goodwin a “Loser” at NBA Draft CombinePosted 24 hours ago
Louisville is a 7 Point Favorite
The line for tomorrow’s Kentucky vs. Louisville game has the Cardinals favored by 7 points over the young Wildcats in the Yum Center.
Jeff Goodman of CBS Sports says this is the best chance for Rick Pitino to beat John Calipari.
This is Rick Pitino’s chance.
For the past few years, since John Calipari took over that program down the road in Lexington, Pitino has been overwhelmed in each matchup. The talent level hasn’t even been close.
Calipari 4, Pitino 0.
Three regular-season matchups, a pair at Rupp, one at the Yum! Center and one down in New Orleans in the national semifinals last April.
Pitino can finally stand toe-to-toe with Calipari this Saturday afternoon. In fact, the Cardinals are a prohibitive favorite heading into the contest. Pitino still doesn’t possess the high-end talent of Calipari, who has a trio of likely lottery picks in Noel, Poythress and Goodwin, but what he does have is enough quality players, experience and the return of big man Gorgui Dieng.
If Ryan Harrow continues his climb up the performance ladder and Alex Poythress puts a smile on his face and has some fun tomorrow I think the Cats could have a shot to upset the Cardinals.
Oh, also, Kyle Wiltjer needs to score and Archie Goodwin needs to play under control and not force crazy shots.
A lot to ask?
If the Cats are going to win, a lot will have to happen.