- Video: This is My KentuckyPosted 2 hours ago
- John Calipari is Watching Julius MaysPosted 2 hours ago
- John Calipari Hopes Cleveland Drafts Nerlens NoelPosted 4 hours ago
- Incoming Kentucky Freshman Are Ready to Get StartedPosted 20 hours ago
- Poll: Which Kentucky Program Are You More Excited About?Posted 20 hours ago
- Video: 9th Grader Jayson Tatum Shines In Spring Circuit!Posted 20 hours ago
- A New 2013 Kentucky Recruiting Class VideoPosted 23 hours ago
- Video: NBA Draft prospect Nerlens Noel on the ESPN Car WashPosted 1 day ago
- Kentucky Football RecruitingPosted 1 day ago
- Video: Nerlens Noel Excited By Possibility Of Playing With Irving, CavaliersPosted 1 day ago
Kyle Wiltjer Named SEC Player of the Week
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Sophomore Kyle Wiltjer has been named the Southeastern Conference Player of the Week after scoring 19 points and recording six rebounds, three blocks and two assists in a72-69 victory over Maryland.
Wiltjer led the Wildcats with 19 points on 6-of-9 shooting including a 4-for-6 clip from 3-point range. The four 3-pointers rank as a career high in addition to a career-high three swats. His 19 points are the most since scoring 24 against Loyola on Dec. 22, 2011. He scored 11 first half points to reach double-figures for just the sixth time in his career. He also sunk two free throws in a clutch situation (final three minutes in a six-point game).
The honor is the first in Wiltjer’s career and the first for UK this season.
The Wildcats are in action Tuesday night taking on the Duke Blue Devils in the Champions Classic. Tipoff is scheduled for 9:30 p.m. and the game will be televised live on ESPN