Kentucky Basketball Postgame Notes
Kentucky vs. Notre Dame
November 29, 2012
SEC/Big East Challenge
Purcell Pavilion – South Bend, Ind.
– Kentucky falls to 4-2 while Notre Dame improves to 7-1.
– The Wildcats are 42-19 all-time against Notre Dame and 5-3 in Purcell Pavilion.
– The Wildcats are 172-74 all-time against the Big East.
– Ranked Kentucky teams are 31-4 all-time versus Notre Dame and have won 12 of the last 13 times it entered a game against the Fighting Irish ranked.
– Kentucky returns to action Saturday hosting the Baylor Bears. Tip-off is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. ET and will be televised on CBS.
Team game notes
– The Wildcats used the starting combination of Nerlens Noel, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress, Kyle Wiltjer and Julius Mays. UK is 3-2 with that line-up.
– Jarrod Polson was the first sub off the bench for UK. It is the third time Polson was UK’s first sub in.
– Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 833 games, the third-longest streak in the country.
– UK shot 40.4 percent from the field, snapping a streak of three-straight games shooting better than 50 pct. from the field.
– The Wildcats trailed the Irish 36-25 at the half. It was UK’s largest halftime deficit this season.
– Kentucky is 0-2 when trailing at the half this season.
– Notre Dame’s 20-point second half lead was the largest deficit UK has faced this season.
– This was only the second double-figure loss in Calipari era. The other was against UConn in the 2010 Maui Invitational against UConn, 84-67. Kentucky bounced back from that loss to advance to the school’s 14th Final Four.
– UK’s 50 points were the fewest points in the Calipari Era. The previous low was 55 against UConn in the 2011 Final Four.
Individual game notes
#3 Nerlens Noel
– Finished with 10 points, seven rebounds and two steals.
#4 Jarrod Polson
– Took his first charge of the season.
#10 Archie Goodwin
– Grabbed a team-high seven rebounds and dished out a team-high five assists.
– Broke a streak of six-straight games scoring in double-figures.
#12 Ryan Harrow
– Saw first action since season-opener against Maryland.
#33 Kyle Wiltjer
– Finished with five rebounds and two steals.
#34 Julius Mays
– Has hit a 3-pointer in every game this season.
– Has connected on seven 3-pointers in last two games.
– Hit a season-high four 3-pointers and was UK’s leading scorer for the first time this season.
– Shooting 10-11 from the free throw line this season.