- Coaches Calipari and Stoops Hanging OutPosted 1 day ago
- Dominique Hawkins Day Proclaimed!Posted 2 days ago
- Twany Beckham Wrote A Book, Cal ProofreadsPosted 2 days ago
- Video: Twany Beckham on KSTV, Talks Career, Next SeasonPosted 2 days ago
- Video: Coach Cal Encourages Players to Get EducationPosted 2 days ago
- Darius Miller Coming Home to Hold Basketball CampsPosted 3 days ago
- Video: Coach Calipari, UK to play FUS BaronsPosted 3 days ago
- Aaron Harrison, Mr. Basketball State of TexasPosted 3 days ago
- Video: Nerlens Noel At NBA Draft CombinePosted 3 days ago
- Video: Archie Goodwin Draft CombinePosted 3 days ago
Kentucky / Louisville Best Rivalry in College Basketball
Gary Parrish of CBS Sports looks at the weekend coming up and previews tomorrow’s Kentucky / Louisville rivalry matchup in the Yum Center.
He also says the matchup is the best rivalry in college basketball, ahead of Duke/North Carolina.
Top game: Folks still suggest Duke-North Carolina is college basketball’s best rivalry, but that’s not true anymore. At least not at the moment. Not as long as John Calipari is at Kentucky and Rick Pitino is at Louisville. Because the personal rivalry between those two men combined with the national prominence of both programs combined with the fact that Pitino used to coach one school and now leads the other places Kentucky-Louisville above all other rivalries, and it’s a rivalry that’ll continue when the fourth-ranked Cardinals host the Wildcats at the KFC Yum! Center on Saturday in a game that’ll be broadcast on CBS and feature the return of Louisville center Gorgui Dieng.
I think every fan in the state of Kentucky would agree that this is the best rivarly, not only in college basketball, but all of sport.
Anyone have any matchup more heated than the Cats and Cards?