- Kentucky has Half of Slam All American TeamPosted 13 hours ago
- Marcus Lee Leads Deer Valley to First Volleyball State TitlePosted 14 hours ago
- Players that Improved Their Stock at Kentucky State AAUPosted 16 hours ago
- Kentucky State AAU RecapPosted 19 hours ago
- John Calipari is Ready for One and Done Rule to ChangePosted 21 hours ago
- ESPN Goes All-Access with Nerlens NoelPosted 21 hours ago
- Archie Goodwin Draft Combine InterviewPosted 22 hours ago
- Coaches Calipari and Stoops Hanging OutPosted 2 days ago
- Dominique Hawkins Day Proclaimed!Posted 3 days ago
- Twany Beckham Wrote A Book, Cal ProofreadsPosted 3 days ago
Kentucky Drops to 20 in SI.com Power Rankings
Kentucky is now at 4-2 and with losses to Duke in the Champions Classic and Notre Dame last night and everything Coach John Calipari has said early in the season has come true.
His team is young, he doesn’t know how they were going to play on any given night, and people need to be drug tested for ranking his team so high this early in the season.
Last night’s dismal shooting and defense proved Kentucky’s youth will go through a lot of learning experiences and Luke Winn of SI.com has finally listened to Coach Cal’s coach speak.
That, and he watched the game last night.
The Kentucky Wildcats have dropped to #20 in the SI.com power rankings and they are ranked behind such teams as #16 Wichita State and #19 Ohio.
Duke is #1, Indiana #2, and Louisville is at #5. Oh, and Notre Dame is at #10.
We all know these rankings really don’t mean a whole lot, but it does show the Wildcats have a long way to go to make it back to the top 10.