- Jodie Meeks Pursues Degree, Keeping His PromisePosted 6 hours ago
- Coach Cal Defends Derrick RosePosted 8 hours ago
- John Wall Accepts Invite for Team USA Mini-campPosted 8 hours ago
- Video: Coach John Calipari on Dakari JohnsonPosted 17 hours ago
- Video: Lessons from Mark Stoops’ First Spring as UK Head CoachPosted 17 hours ago
- UK Football Target Vincent Jackson Gets Offer, Looking for BBN Love?Posted 19 hours ago
- Video: First Take Backstage – Coach John CalipariPosted 21 hours ago
- Video: Coach Cal at Nets Draft Combine, Talks About Julius MaysPosted 23 hours ago
- Video: Q & A with Marquis TeaguePosted 23 hours ago
- Video: Cauley-Stein, One of the Better Players Coach Cal Has CoachedPosted 1 day ago
Foster Named Second-Team Freshman All-America by College Football News
Kentucky true freshman punter Landon Foster continues to earn national praise for his impressive season. This time, Foster has been named a second-team Freshman All-America by College Football News.
The native of Franklin, Tenn., had a fantastic first season with the Wildcats, ranking 27th nationally in punting and eighth in the conference with a season average of 42.9 yards per punt. Foster is fourth among freshmen nationally in punting. Overall, Foster launched 61 punts this season for 2,617 yards and 13 punts inside the opponent’s 20-yard line. The freshman only had three touchbacks on the year, while his longest punt of the season was a 58-yarder against Arkansas. Foster averaged a staggering 50.7 yards per punt in the win over Kent State, while he hit at least one punt over 50 yards in nine of UK’s 12 games.
Foster, who became the first UK punter ever to be selected to the SEC All-Freshman Team, was the first UK player to earn first-team Freshman All-America honors from Scout.com and the first kicker to earn such honors by any organization last week.
During the season, Foster was named Honorable Mention Punter of the Week by the College Football Performance Awards four times and was selected to the National Freshman Performer of the Year Watch List by the CFPA.