- Twany Beckham Wrote A Book, Cal ProofreadsPosted 7 hours ago
- Video: Twany Beckham on KSTV, Talks Career, Next SeasonPosted 8 hours ago
- Video: Coach Cal Encourages Players to Get EducationPosted 8 hours ago
- Darius Miller Coming Home to Hold Basketball CampsPosted 18 hours ago
- Video: Coach Calipari, UK to play FUS BaronsPosted 19 hours ago
- Aaron Harrison, Mr. Basketball State of TexasPosted 21 hours ago
- Video: Nerlens Noel At NBA Draft CombinePosted 22 hours ago
- Video: Archie Goodwin Draft CombinePosted 1 day ago
- Video: Nerlens Noel Draft Combine InterviewPosted 1 day ago
- Video: Nerlens Noel’s Torn ACL Rehab ProgressPosted 1 day ago
Eliot Visited Franklin County Star Ryan Timmons this Morning
D.J. Eliot was officially announced as Kentucky defensive coordinator this afternoon, but was already recruiting early this morning.
Eliot visited Franklin County star Ryan Timmons earlier today, which coincides with Mark Stoops plan of keeping all the big time football recruits him in Kentucky.
The Courier Journal’s Kyle Tucker spoke with Timmons high school coach about the visit:
“Yeah, he came in about 10:30 this morning. He said he just got hired at 8:30,” said Franklin County coach Chris Tracy, who believes the gesture was significant. “I think it’s a big one. I could just tell by (Timmons’) reaction when I told him, he felt good that this was his first stop.”
Tracy said Eliot was headed next to Louisville, home of six of the top 10 recruits in the state, according to Rivals.com’s rankings. The top uncommitted player is Trinity wide receiver James Quick. Tracy believes the Wildcats’ new staff, led by head coach Mark Stoops, will be well received around the state.
“(Eliot) seemed like a really good guy,” Tracy said. “And the one thing with Coach Stoops that I think will go a long way with everybody in the state is that he sought this job out. They didn’t have to beg him to take it, throw all this money at him. He wanted it. And man, they’ve got a plan to get it where they want it for championship football. I think if they’re supported and they get the kids they want to get, I think it’s doable.”
That last part could start with Timmons. Tracy said Eliot wants to set up an official visit for the explosive wide receiver who also takes direct snaps and returns kicks. Tracy believes UK is working on a major recruiting event to get several top prospects on campus together.
You have to love the coaching staff already making Timmons, Quick, and other Kentucky recruits a priority already for next season.