- Coaches Calipari and Stoops Hanging OutPosted 4 hours ago
- Dominique Hawkins Day Proclaimed!Posted 16 hours ago
- Twany Beckham Wrote A Book, Cal ProofreadsPosted 1 day ago
- Video: Twany Beckham on KSTV, Talks Career, Next SeasonPosted 1 day ago
- Video: Coach Cal Encourages Players to Get EducationPosted 1 day ago
- Darius Miller Coming Home to Hold Basketball CampsPosted 2 days ago
- Video: Coach Calipari, UK to play FUS BaronsPosted 2 days ago
- Aaron Harrison, Mr. Basketball State of TexasPosted 2 days ago
- Video: Nerlens Noel At NBA Draft CombinePosted 2 days ago
- Video: Archie Goodwin Draft CombinePosted 2 days ago
Dez Wells Ruled Eligible by NCAA Just in Time for Kentucky
Maryland got a big surprise today as the NCAA has ruled transfer Dez Wells eligible to play right before their game with Kentucky in the Barclays Classic on Friday.
After having his initial waiver denied on Oct. 26, the Terrapins filed an appeal with the NCAA Division I Legislative Council Subcommittee for Legislative Relief, overturning the original decision.
“We’re excited for Dez because at the end of the day, the NCAA made the right decision,” Coach Mark Turgeon said in a statement. “Our staff did an incredible job in putting this NCAA waiver appeal together on Dez’s behalf. Dez has been a welcomed addition, a great teammate, and has made a seamless transition in getting acclimated to our campus. This has been a long process for him and his family, and we’re grateful he can put it behind him and focus on being a student-athlete at the University of Maryland.”
Looks like Friday’s game just got a whole lot tougher for Calipari and the Wildcats.