- Nerlens Noel Ready for NBA Draft LotteryPosted 2 hours ago
- Dan Issel and Louie Dampier Talk UK BasketballPosted 3 hours ago
- Julius Mays Participating in 30 Team Draft Workout TomorrowPosted 4 hours ago
- Pelican Anthony Davis Ready for the NBA Draft LotteryPosted 6 hours ago
- SI.com says Archie Goodwin a “Loser” at NBA Draft CombinePosted 8 hours ago
- Three Kentucky Football 2014 Recruits in Rivals Top 250Posted 9 hours ago
- Eloy Vargas Rebounding His Way Back From Injury in the DominicanPosted 10 hours ago
- Video: Patrick Patterson Interview with KSTVPosted 13 hours ago
- NBA Draft Lottery Could Give Nerlens Noel #1 PickPosted 13 hours ago
- Kentucky has Half of Slam All American TeamPosted 1 day ago
DeMarcus Cousins Suspended 2 Games
Sacramnto Kings’ DeMarcus Cousins has been suspended 2 games for an incident with San Antonio Spurs’ announcer Sean Elliott.
NEW YORK, November 11, 2012 – The Sacramento Kings’ DeMarcus Cousins has been suspended two games without pay for confronting Spurs announcer Sean Elliot in a hostile manner following San Antonio’s 97-86 over Sacramento November 9 at Sleep Train Arena, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President Basketball Operations.
Cousins will serve his suspension tonight when the Kings play the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center and Tuesday against Portland at Sleep Train Arena.
Sean Elliott was more than agitated when speaking of the event.
“That’s why some humility is in order,” Elliott said on the air. “You think you’re dominating Tim Duncan, you get it stuffed right back in your face. Timmy doesn’t like to talk trash. But if guys start talking mess to him, he’s going to respond. All that trash talking was premature. I’m not about to let these guys off the hook. Young ballclub should learn from this. Don’t start talking and flapping your gums against one of the greatest players ever. He’s going to make you pay. Tell me who got the best of this exchange.”
Apparently informed postgame of Elliott’s remarks, Cousins appeared on the court in his uniform and confronted Elliott after he and broadcaster Bill Land completed their postgame show.
“I was wondering why Cousins was out there in his uniform waiting for them to finish his postgame show,” said Bill Schoening, who does the play-by-play call on radio broadcasts of Spurs games. “Then I saw them in an animated conversation out on the court.
“I observed Sean walk away from Cousins and Cousins continue to talk to Sean as he left the scene, but I couldn’t hear what was being said.”
Hat Tip to AllKyHoops.com