- Video: Derrick Ansley ProfilePosted 5 hours ago
- Cavs Beat Writer Comes to Defense of Nerlens NoelPosted 5 hours ago
- Video: UK Commit Mike Edwards, Best Class in the NationPosted 6 hours ago
- Perry Central’s Justin Johnson and Braxton Beverly Ready for the Peach JamPosted 7 hours ago
- Kentucky Football Really is #1 in Rivals.com Team Recruiting Rankings NowPosted 20 hours ago
- Derrick Kelly Commits to Play Football at KentuckyPosted 21 hours ago
- John Calipari to be Inducted into New England Basketball Hall of FamePosted 22 hours ago
- Kentucky Football Adds Twins to 2014 Class by Way of TransferPosted 1 day ago
- Nerlens Noel Still Favorite to Be #1 Pick According to SI.comPosted 1 day ago
- Henry Clay’s Christen Cunningham and Jordan Green Adjusting to New RolesPosted 1 day ago
Commonwealth Stadium Attendance Was Under 19K For Vanderbilt Game
Attendance at Commonwealth Stadium for Saturday’s football game against Vanderbilt was much lower than UK originally reported. UK announced that ticket sales were over 40K, but it was obvious that not everyone that had a ticket actually showed up for the game. Through an open records request, WLEX learns that the actual attendance wasn’t les than half of that number.
Here’s an excerpt…
The announced attendance for the game was over 40,000. That’s the amount of tickets sold, but that’s certainly not how many fans were in the stands. Through an open records request, LEX 18 obtained the actual number of people at the game based on tickets scanned. That number is 18,885.
It’s hard to believe that the stadium that holds over 70K people only had 18,885 fans in attendance. Once you take out the Vanderbilt fans, who knows how low the attendane was for UK fans.
With Samford coming up Saturday, I hope we can at least double that number. The seniors deserve it!