- Incoming Kentucky Freshman Are Ready to Get StartedPosted 12 hours ago
- Poll: Which Kentucky Program Are You More Excited About?Posted 13 hours ago
- Video: 9th Grader Jayson Tatum Shines In Spring Circuit!Posted 13 hours ago
- A New 2013 Kentucky Recruiting Class VideoPosted 16 hours ago
- Video: NBA Draft prospect Nerlens Noel on the ESPN Car WashPosted 17 hours ago
- Kentucky Football RecruitingPosted 20 hours ago
- Video: Nerlens Noel Excited By Possibility Of Playing With Irving, CavaliersPosted 20 hours ago
- Nerlens Noel to Cavaliers; Goodwin to Suns in Mock DraftPosted 21 hours ago
- The Cleveland Cavaliers Win the NBA Draft LotteryPosted 1 day ago
- Nerlens Noel Ready for NBA Draft LotteryPosted 1 day ago
Coaches vs Cancer Suits and Sneakers Games this Weekend
LEXINGTON, Ky. – This weekend marks the annual Coaches vs Cancer suits and sneakers weekend, where more than 4,000 coaches will turn awareness into action by swapping their dress shoes for sneakers to finish the fight against cancer.
This year, fans will have a chance to get in on the action. When you donate $5 to Coaches vs. Cancer by texting the word “COACH” to 20222 or donating online any time between Jan. 25 and April 9, you’ll be entered for a chance to experience the thrill of college basketball as a true insider. Prizes include the chance to be there as Kentucky head coach, John Calipari, addresses his team before the first official practice of the 2013-14 season at Big Blue Madness, a VIP trip to the 2013 Coaches vs. Cancer Classic and signed gear by other top coaches.
Fans can increase their chances to win, by texting as often as they like (each text will donate $5 to Coaches vs. Cancer).
Additionally, Calipari is participating in the Infiniti Coaches’ Charity Challenge.
Until March 11, Infiniti is helping 48 of the nation’s top college basketball coaches compete to raise money for charities in the Infiniti Coaches’ Charity Challenge. Coaches will count on their network of fans, alumni, students, faculty and charities to advance to the finals. School supporters will have a chance to vote daily for their favorite coach in each of the four regions – East, South, West and Midwest.
Infiniti, a corporate sponsor of NCAA Men’s Basketball, is donating $5,000 to each participating coach’s selected charity just for participating. The coach who receives the most votes will win $100,000, which will be awarded to his selected charity.
This year, Coach Calipari will be representing his foundation, the Calipari Foundation, out of the South Region. With the Big Blue Nation’s help, Calipari is hoping to earn $100,000 for the Calipari Foundation as it invests in communities in need and enriches the lives of children.
Fans can vote every day and voting will take place at www.ESPN.com/Infiniti and last for eight weeks. For the first six weeks, four brackets of 12 coaches will be paired against each other, with the winners from each group moving onto the next round in week seven and the final round in week eight. Fans can vote for up to four coaches per day. The winning coach will be announced March 11.