- ESPN Goes All-Access with Nerlens NoelPosted 31 mins ago
- Archie Goodwin Draft Combine InterviewPosted 41 mins ago
- Coaches Calipari and Stoops Hanging OutPosted 1 day ago
- Dominique Hawkins Day Proclaimed!Posted 2 days ago
- Twany Beckham Wrote A Book, Cal ProofreadsPosted 2 days ago
- Video: Twany Beckham on KSTV, Talks Career, Next SeasonPosted 2 days ago
- Video: Coach Cal Encourages Players to Get EducationPosted 2 days ago
- Darius Miller Coming Home to Hold Basketball CampsPosted 3 days ago
- Video: Coach Calipari, UK to play FUS BaronsPosted 3 days ago
- Aaron Harrison, Mr. Basketball State of TexasPosted 3 days ago
Coach Stoops to Hire FSU Defensive Grad Assistant Joe Scola
Pete Roussel of coachingsearch reported today, according to his sources Mark Stoops is planning to hire Joe Scola in a player development and personnel type of role. Scola was a FSU defensive grad assistant under Stoops this past season.
Sources tell me that Mark Stoops plans on hiring FSU defensive grad assistant Joe Scola in a player development / personnel capacity.
— Pete Roussel (@coachingsearch) February 18, 2013
Scola started his coaching career at his alma mater Dartmouth College. A two-year letterwinner at Dartmouth as a free safety in 2005 and 2006, he joined the Big Green staff as an assistant coach in 2007 while completing his degree requirements in sociology. He worked with the defensive secondary while also being responsible for film breakdown, running the scout teams and preparing scouting reports for the punt team. He coached the outside linebackers, nickel backs and specialists in 2008 and inside linebackers in 2009. He aided in safety John Pircon earning All-Ivy League team honors in 2007 and punter Brian Scullen earning All-Ivy League and honorable mention FCS All-America honors in 2008 while leading the country in punting. He also served as director of the Buddy Teevens Football Camp in 2008 and 2009.
From his profile at FSU Athletic site.