- Mark Stoops Gets Another One from Ohio as Jarrett LaRubbio CommitsPosted 3 hours ago
- Video: Marquis Teague on Rookie SeasonPosted 5 hours ago
- “Coach Cal has a big heart.” – Emmanuel MudiayPosted 5 hours ago
- Jodie Meeks Pursues Degree, Keeping His PromisePosted 14 hours ago
- Coach Cal Defends Derrick RosePosted 15 hours ago
- John Wall Accepts Invite for Team USA Mini-campPosted 16 hours ago
- Video: Coach John Calipari on Dakari JohnsonPosted 1 day ago
- Video: Lessons from Mark Stoops’ First Spring as UK Head CoachPosted 1 day ago
- UK Football Target Vincent Jackson Gets Offer, Looking for BBN Love?Posted 1 day ago
- Video: First Take Backstage – Coach John CalipariPosted 1 day ago
Boyd, Simpson, Tyler Named Game Captains for Saturday
LEXINGTON, Ky. – University of Kentucky football head coach Joker Phillips has announced that senior wide receiver Aaron Boyd, sophomore linebacker Miles Simpson and junior defensive back Dakotah Tyler have been named game captains for Kentucky’s in-state contest Saturday against Western Kentucky University at 7 p.m. ET.
Game captains are usually chosen on the basis of performance in the previous game. Boyd had a career game for Kentucky last week against Kent State, leading the team in receiving with a career-high 11 catches for a career-most 100 yards. Boyd also caught his first collegiate touchdown pass in the game, which was a 14-yard reception. Boyd entered the game with nine career catches for 82 yards, leaving the game with more than twice as many in both categories.
Simpson gave UK a strong performance defensively against Kent State, earning a career-best seven stops, while adding a sack and a fumble recovery. Simpson ranks second on the team this season in tackles with 13. Tyler also played well against Kent State delivering some powerful hits. The junior had three tackles in the game, including a pass breakup.
Boyd, Simpson and Tyler will join permanent game captains Matt Smith and Collins Ukwu.