- Eloy Vargas Rebounding His Way Back From Injury in the DominicanPosted 45 mins ago
- Video: Patrick Patterson Interview with KSTVPosted 3 hours ago
- NBA Draft Lottery Could Give Nerlens Noel #1 PickPosted 4 hours ago
- Kentucky has Half of Slam All American TeamPosted 19 hours ago
- Marcus Lee Leads Deer Valley to First Volleyball State TitlePosted 21 hours ago
- Players that Improved Their Stock at Kentucky State AAUPosted 22 hours ago
- Kentucky State AAU RecapPosted 1 day ago
- John Calipari is Ready for One and Done Rule to ChangePosted 1 day ago
- ESPN Goes All-Access with Nerlens NoelPosted 1 day ago
- Archie Goodwin Draft Combine InterviewPosted 1 day ago
Battle of the Rival Hashtags: #BBN Wins!
If you haven’t heard about it, there’s a group of UK geographers who figured out how to track anti-Obama tweets on the last presidential election and have earned a lot of national publicity. Can you guess what else they found? They investigated the hashtags #bbn for Kentucky and #L1C4 for Louisville and they found out that the former is more popular.
They tracked tweets from June 21 to December 20, 2012, and found that there are five times as many tweets containing #bbn compared to #L1C4. UK wins in Twitterverse! What is more interesting is that the number of tweets that originate from Louisville that contain the hashtag #bbn topped the number of tweets originating from Louisville that contained #L1C4. Those Louisville fans love #bbn after all!