- Video: Rashad Vaughn Talks RecruitingPosted 7 hours ago
- Devin Booker says Trust is a Key Factor in Picking a SchoolPosted 9 hours ago
- Mike Edwards has Kentucky in His Top 6Posted 9 hours ago
- Mark Stoops Gets Another One from Ohio as Jarrett LaRubbio CommitsPosted 13 hours ago
- Video: Marquis Teague on Rookie SeasonPosted 14 hours ago
- “Coach Cal has a big heart.” – Emmanuel MudiayPosted 15 hours ago
- Jodie Meeks Pursues Degree, Keeping His PromisePosted 23 hours ago
- Coach Cal Defends Derrick RosePosted 1 day ago
- John Wall Accepts Invite for Team USA Mini-campPosted 1 day ago
- Video: Coach John Calipari on Dakari JohnsonPosted 1 day ago
Alternate Road Uniforms for UK at Tennessee
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Kentucky will wear an alternate away uniform design for the Saturday, Feb. 16 contest at Tennessee. UK will suit up in blue Nike Hyper Elite jerseys and shorts as one of 12 select institutions chosen to wear commemorative uniforms on a one-time basis this season.
This marks the second time this season UK has participated in wearing an alternate uniform, as the Wildcats also opened the 2012-13 campaign against Maryland in commemorative home white uniforms.
The Nike Hyper Elite jerseys and shorts offer lightweight performance through sustainable materials. A UK interlocking logo was inspired by Kentucky’s home court, appears on the jersey’s center chest. Nike dubs the look as a “piece of home away from home to wear with pride.” The back nameplate features iconic references to the team’s mascot and home crowd. The team is also slated to wear a Hyper Elite warm-up hoody for the first time as well.
Gonzaga, Michigan State, Baylor, Villanova, Southern California, Ohio State and North Carolina have revealed the new designs. Coming up:
Stanford Cardinal (Women): Feb. 15
Georgetown Hoyas: Feb. 15
Kentucky Wildcats: Feb. 16
Duke Blue Devils: Feb. 16
Texas Longhorns: Feb. 16
Connecticut Huskies (Women): March 4
The UK at Tennessee game is set for a 1 p.m. ET tip and will air live on CBS.