The Kentucky Wildcats keep rolling right a long in the Bahamas as they beat a veteran Dominican Republic team 83-71.
Here are 5 quick observations from today’s win:
* Derek Willis continues to show that he deserves to play minutes on this team. Willis is a great lob passer, maybe the best on the team outside Andrew and Ulis. I think it will be hard to keep him off the floor come December.
* Dominique Hawkins has done a really good job in the offseason to work on his offensive game. He still is having a hard time hitting shots from behind the arc, but he is doing a great job penetrating and hitting the runner.
* Alex Poythress is the best player on this team. Hitting 3s and doing his thing in the paint is unstoppable.
* Devin Booker did a lot better job today of taking his shots when they were given to him. I don’t worry about him making them yet. He will make them as long as he looks as confident as he did today.
* Dakari Johnson played his best game today in the Bahamas and made me feel better about him. I was worried that he was going to be the 3rd center, behind Willie and Marcus Lee, but he definitely displayed what he can do to help this team. His offensive rebounding and running the floor make him hard to deal with.
+1 Eloy Vargas looked great for the Dominican team. He was running the floor, showing a lot of motor, as he played with the most confidence I have ever seen him play with.
The Cats continue to impress as they look to go 5-0 in the Bahamas tomorrow.
I am thinking about making some t-shirts…6-0!!!