Kentucky Basketball Postgame Notes
Kentucky vs. Maryland
November 9, 2012
Barclay’s Center Classic
Barclay’s Center – Brooklyn, N.Y.
– Kentucky won its season-opener, starting the season 1-0, while Maryland dropped to 0-1.
– The Wildcats are 9-5 all-time against Maryland and 5-2 in neutral site games
– UK is now 90-19 in season openers and 4-0 in their season lid-lifter under John Calipari.
– The Wildcats are 127-62 all-time against the ACC.
– Kentucky is now 43-16 in the New York metro area.
– Kentucky returns to action on Tuesday in the Champions Classic. The Wildcats take on the Duke Blue
Devils in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Ga. Tip-off is scheduled for 9:35 p.m. ET and will be televised on
Team game notes
– The Wildcats used the starting combination of Nerlens Noel, Archie Goodwin, Ryan Harrow, Alex
Poythress and Kyle Wiltjer. It marks the second straight season UK started three freshmen in the season
opener and the second time in program history.
– Julius Mays was the first sub off the bench for UK.
– Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 828 games, the third-longest streak in the
– Kentucky led 49-36 at the halftime break.
– The Wildcats shot 58.1 percent from the field in the first half, including 5-7 (71.4) from 3-point range.
– Kentucky finished 11 blocks in the game, led by Willie Cauley-Stein’s four.
– Kentucky shot 46.2 pct. (6-13) from 3-point range.